Topics for the Oral Exam
I Trimester 2021
Percentage: 10% of the Trimestral Exam
Subject: Language Arts.
Level: 6th Grade
Teachers: Nathalie Parrales A.
Delivered date: Monday, May 10th, 2021.
Exam application date: Friday, May 21st, 2021.
1. To develop oral skills.
2. To imrove fluency.
3. To increase vocabulary.
4. To practice public speaking.
1. The students will record a video presenting a 2-minute speech about any of the topics presented on the list below.
2. The students must upload the video in Google Classroom on the date assigned to this purpose.
3. The students aren’t allowed to read during the video.
Each student will be evaluated according to the following rubrics:
Ø Subject- verb agreement.
Ø Volume and neatness of the voice.
Possible Topics to talk about:
1. Beauty is not only in the eye of the beholder
2. Children don’t play enough.
3. Animal testing is necessary.
4. People are too mean to each other.
5. If I had a year to do what I want.
6. The meaning of dreams.
7. Hyper active kids don’t need medication.
8. Books are always better than the movie.
9. You tube needs to monitor comments.
10. Online friends show more compassion.
11. Graffiti must be recognised as art.
12. You can loose weight without exercising.
13. Video games are not the blame of violence at school.
14. Financial rewards is the only way employees stay loyal.
15. The world isn’t only black and white.
16. Children’s beauty pageants are wrong.
17. There are not enough cameras in public spaces.
18. Adoptive parents need maternity leave too.
19. Don’t give children allowances.
20. Stop checking in on social media.
21. People should be considered adults at 21.
22. Food should never be seen as a reward.
23. People can live without eating meat.
24. Curfews do not keep teens out of trouble.
25. This generation cannot fix anything.
26. Social media will run it’s course and die out.
27. Never pay children for good grades.
28. Why you should always put yourself first.
29. English and Spanish should be the only languages in the world.
30. Zero tolerance is a useful instrument to prevent violence.
31. How I came to school for the first time
32. The power of a lie
33. The power of words
34. If I were invisible
35. The reasons why I smile…
36. Fashion trends I hate
37. Why I want to be a ___________. (whatever job you pick)
38. How colors affect your mood